The 3rd activity is to create an account with Library Thing, add 5 books to my library, blog about my findings, and post a link to my catalog.
Well...I'm learning as I go. The post prior to this one was my attempt to share my catalog. But I'm not sure that was successful. But I think and hope this is the right link:
It should be clear by now that I am completely in the dark about almost everything Web 2.0, and Library Thing was no exception. So I set up my account and poked around the site for a while. There are a lot of really neat features that I will actually use in the future.
Some of my favorite things are the groups, discussions, and reviews.
Reason #1: I don't usually have anyone to talk with about a new book I've read.
Reason #2: Sometimes I just don't know what to read next.
I also liked the use of Tags. I actually just started learning about how Metadata and tags work and it's helpful to see how they are applied. I like history so I clicked on the history tag and there are tons of sub-groups for different interests with various topics and discussions.
Also, It may be a bit voyeuristic but it is kind of interesting to see what other people who share your reading preferences are also reading. It seems like a good way to discover new books.
No comments:
Post a Comment