In completing the 23 Things activity last semester I explored podcasts and RSS feeds. And after poking around Google for a while I discovered there are quite a few podcasts dedicated to information literacy out there.
Librarians and IL instructors could create their own podcasts and make them available through the library website, blog, or wiki. Users can subscribe to the RSS feed which can also be added to the webpage to provide updates.
I think it's a great tool for both communicating with students but also to make information available to IL professionals. A lot of the podcasts I found deal with discussions, methodologies, and general issues that are prevalent in IL instruction. So podcasts and RSS feeds can be used to provide instruction to students but also serve as a venue and resource for those teaching IL.
Podcasts could be used as a supplement to existing information literacy programs. They could be produced as a succinct series addressing different IL topics. Podcasts and RSS feeds are something most younger students are familiar with and comfortable using and they are relatively simple and low cost for the provider.
Librarians and IL instructors could create their own podcasts and make them available through the library website, blog, or wiki. Users can subscribe to the RSS feed which can also be added to the webpage to provide updates.
I think it's a great tool for both communicating with students but also to make information available to IL professionals. A lot of the podcasts I found deal with discussions, methodologies, and general issues that are prevalent in IL instruction. So podcasts and RSS feeds can be used to provide instruction to students but also serve as a venue and resource for those teaching IL.
Podcasts could be used as a supplement to existing information literacy programs. They could be produced as a succinct series addressing different IL topics. Podcasts and RSS feeds are something most younger students are familiar with and comfortable using and they are relatively simple and low cost for the provider.
No comments:
Post a Comment