Thursday, May 26, 2011

Blogs...

Before starting the Web 2.0 Challenge I never read blogs or had a blog or thought about blogs and had a vague assumption that they were symptomatic of a self absorbed society .
But after actually being forced to explore library related blogs I realized there are some truly insightful and informative blogs being created by library professionals. One of my favorite is "In the Library with the Lead Pipe". 
Check it out:
 http://www.inthelibrarywiththeleadpipe.org/
And now I have also had my eyes opened to the blogs out there dedicated to information literacy. Some are by librarians or teachers recording their experiences. Some are instructional and intended for students. Some are for professionals and deal with theory and IL instruction.
 
No matter what the focus or intended audience blogs are a great tool for those involved in information literacy. First off they are free! They are easy to set up and easy to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment